CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cherished



I've dropped Ry off at Kindergarten exactly 11 times now; I escaped the first day without crying. Well, technically not crying...i.e. I was able to keep the tears in the eyes at all times. Today however, I cried. Why?

Well, it's very simple...today he gave me the normal kiss and hug from inside the car, hopped out & began walking into school. Today, he stopped before going in, turned around....and blew me a kiss. This is so sweet, right? No need for crying?

Within 2 seconds of this adorable gesture, I realized something...he is so very close to NOT wanting to show love for his Mommy in public, to being embarrassed to hug or kiss me goodbye. He is so very close to caring about what his friends would think if they saw him doing that...we're right there & it's so scary.

Today has renewed my love for playing...whatever he wants. Who cares if my legs get disgustingly bruised playing indoor football, or if I don't really like being the Lakers on our Little Tykes basketball hoop. Who cares if it's becoming increasingly difficult to carry him or if we both look a little silly when I do. Dinner can wait, heck we can have cereal for dinner and everything else can wait a little while too. Today it has come to my attention that he is only going to say "Mommy, hold me" or "Mommy, play with me" or "Mommy, lay with me" for so long...and then he'll be gone...honestly, it seems like he was that baby in these pictures just yesterday. Literally.

Cherished, my precious baby. Can I please go pick him up from school now??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They must grow up
I know they must go
But tell me why
It has to hurt so?

My "baby" is 14 and I'm in pain everyday because of her choice and I STILL wouldn't change a thing about our years together....talk about weird! Glad to hear you are cherishing.

Jen said...

I HATE that you're in pain :( Absolutely hate it...breaks my heart. If it brings you any comfort, I know that I did things for many years that brought my parents pain...obviously a different situation but I can't help but feel like she will be back some day...these are very tough years. I love you!!

Post a Comment