CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vocabulary Lessons

As a mom you are always wondering if you're doing the right thing; the best thing for yourself vs. the best thing for your child...this internal battle is evident in the big things and the "small things".

Case in point: from the time children learn to speak, they mispronounce things, they get their words mixed up etc. This is not only normal, it's adorable. For example, the twins wished everyone "Merry Mismas" and Ry affectionately called out "goo-goo" every time he saw a train. . As they have grown older, these little imperfections have for the most part been ironed out...which is again normal, but in my selfishness, it's SAD. So I'm wondering as I do about everything, if I'm doing the right thing by smiling when they do occur and not exactly rushing to correct. When Jackson or Jacob says "I'm thirsty of FILL IN THE BLANK".  I do not teach them the proper way to tell me they would like some apple juice. When Ry wakes up and asks me "Is I'm going to school today?", I just snuggle a little longer...

Does this make me a bad mom? I'm pretty sure it doesn't...but again, that internal conflict is going on...best for me, yes. Best for them, ??? I'm thinking they will unfortunately grow out of this too, Lord knows that's happening all too fast. Is it bad that I relish in these moments still?

I promise I correct the really imperfect vocab issues...case in point again: Sidewalk chalk this weekend, lots of fun. Jackson wrote A-S-S and asked me what that spells with a huge grin on his face....Daddy gave a look that could kill with no words needed at all and Jackson proceeded to chalk over his word. Ok, so I guess I technically didn't correct that imperfection...but the job got done. That's what matters, right? I can sit back, relax and enjoy the rest...

I love you my precious boys!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment